Hopkins Hall and Eady Admissions Center
Namesake: Isaac Stiles Hopkins 1895C and Virgil E.Y. Suzanne Stone Eady
Date: Construction 1885
Emory President Isaac Stiles Hopkins persuaded the trustees to launch a new program in technology training in Hopkins Hall. The college borrowed the $5,000 to build it. The technology program closed when Hopkins left to become the first president of the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1888.
The building now houses the Eady Admissions Center, named for Oxford College Dean Virgil E.Y. Eady and his wife, Suzanne Stone Eady, daughter of longtime Emory professor Harry Harlan Stone (1880C).