Namesake: W. Troy Bivings 1896C
Date: Renamed 2003
Location: Oxford campus
Dating to 1902, when Emory College students raised the money to buy two acres for athletic fields, this space originally was named Weber Field in honor of English professor William Lander Weber.
In 2003 it was renamed in honor of W. Troy Bivings after his daughter, Helen Bivings Crawford, made a gift to install lights on the field. Upon graduating from Emory, Troy Bivings went on to a distinguished career as a physician in Atlanta, publishing monographs on the basis of his medical research.