South Kilgo Circle
Campus: Druid Hills in Atlanta
Namesake: John Carlisle Kilgo
Purpose: Campus road
South Kilgo Circle runs behind the Michael C. Carlos Hall and Michael C. Carlos Museum. It is the remaining stretch of Kilgo Road, which used to circle the Quadrangle and include the what is now Rudolph Courtyard and the site of White Hall.
John Carlisle Kilgo was president of Trinity College before it became Duke University. Later elected a bishop, he served on the Education Commission of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, which founded Emory University in 1915. He served as vice chair of the Board of Trustees from 1917 until his death in 1922 at age 66.