Callaway Memorial Center
Campus: Druid Hills in Atlanta
Namesakes: Loula Walker Callaway and Ely Reeves Callaway Sr.
Dates: Construction in 1919 | Renovated and renamed in 1993
The southern part of what is now the Callaway Memorial Center opened in 1919 as the Physics Building. The northern part opened that year as the Chemistry Building, later being named the Humanities Building.
Ely Reeves Callaway Jr. (1940C 1996H), recipient of an Emory Medal, made a gift toward renovating both interiors and connecting them into a single center in memory of his parents.