Mary Lynn Morgan
Pediatric Dentist; Trustee; Supporter of the Arts
The Emory community may know Mary Lynn Morgan from the annual health lecture sponsored by the Center for Women at Emory and bearing her name. The series debuted in 1999, but Morgan's vast contributions to the University date back to the 1940s.
After graduating from Atlanta-Southern Dental College in 1943 -- which became the Emory School of Dentistry the following year -- Morgan embarked on a three-decade career in pediatric dentistry. In addition to her private practice, Morgan served on Emory's dental faculty.
In 1974, she became Emory's second woman trustee, and her philanthropy supports Emory entities ranging from the Michael C. Carlos Museum to the Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library.